As a recipient of several food products, hemp seeds and hemp oil is known for their abundant health benefits. It’s rich in fiber and antioxidants like Vitamin E, which helps people suffering from atherosclerosis and Alzheimer’s.
Also, hemp consists of Phytol and GLA (gamma-linolenic acid) that helps in fighting against cancer, skin disorders, effects of menopause and PMS, arthritis, and heart diseases, making it one of the most protein-rich and healthy cooking ingredients.
Let’s take a look at some wonderfully delicious recipes that have used different forms of hemp, be it hemp oil, hemp seeds, or hemp protein powder given below:[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Hemp seed “Regenerate Yourself” Ginger Smoothie[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Ingredients
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup (like a handful) frozen blueberries
- 1 heaping teaspoon of ginger grated
- 2 full tablespoons of hemp seeds (shelled)
- 1 heaping teaspoon of maca powder
- 1 full teaspoon creamy tahini
- 3/4 cup of water (or any plant-based milk)
- Blend the ingredients finely until it is creamy smooth. Taste this healthy concoction consisting of anti-inflammation properties of ginger, healing powers of hemp seeds, and enjoy it immediately.
Grilled Vegan Pizza with BBQ Jackfruit Topped with Hemp Seed Cheesiness[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]This fabulous vegan pizza containing BBQ jackfruit and hemp seed mixed cheddar is the perfect dish to enjoy the sunny days of summer. Topped with red onions, fresh cilantro, and zesty ranch sauce made of hemp seeds, this pizza provides a freshness tingling at your taste buds.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
For BBQ Jackfruit
- 120 ounce of canned green jackfruit soaked in brine or water
- 1 heaping tablespoon of coconut sugar
- 1 full tablespoon of chili powder
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon of cumin powder
- ⅛ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- ½ cup of barbeque sauce of your brand choice
- ¼ cup of water
Creating Ranch from Hemp Seeds
- 1/4 cup of harvested hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup of filtered water
- 1 scallion roughly chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 full teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon of onion powder
- ¼ of sea salt according to taste
- Black pepper according to taste
Hemp Seed Cheesy Cheddar
- 2 full tablespoons and a half cup of filtered water
- ¼ cup of harvested hemp seeds
- 2 full tablespoons of roasted red peppers chopped
- 1 whole tablespoon of nourishing yeast
- 1 heaping tablespoon of arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt based on taste
- 12 ounces of pizza dough
- Olive oil as required for brushing
- 2 tablespoons of barbeque sauce
- 1 small-sized red onion, cleaned, peeled, and sliced into thin round shapes
- ¼ cup of cilantro with stems removed
- ½ tablespoon of harvested hemp seeds
Making the BBQ jackfruit
- Clean and rinse the green jackfruit and keep it in a colander. Remove the core of the jackfruit from the fleshy part and dispose of it, keeping the string portion intact.
- Take a bowl and mix garlic powder, cumin, cayenne powder, chili powder, and coconut sugar. Toss the jackfruit flesh to coat it with the mixture,
- Put an iron skillet over medium heat and saute the marinated jackfruit flesh on it for 3 to 5 minutes roasting the spices
- Whisk water and barbeque sauce together and pour the mixed sauce over the cooked jackfruit. Reduce down the heat from low to medium and let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir it occasionally in between and check if it gets tender.
- Remove the cover from the pan and shred the jackfruit using two forks. Simmer the jackfruit for an additional five minutes, stirring it often until the sauce gets a bit reduced.
Making of the Ranch from the Hemp Seeds
- Take all of the ingredients and put them all in a blender and blend them all at high speed until it is silky smooth. Spoon the smooth paste into an airtight container and cool it down by putting it into the fridge until the final assembling.
Hemp Seed Cheese Cheddar
- In the meantime, cook up the cheese sauce by blending all of the ingredients into a smooth paste. Pour that blended mixture into a saucepan and put it on medium heat. Whisk it for 5 minutes continuously until the sauce thickens up. As the sauce starts bubbling up, you will notice some greenish flecks rising from the blended seeds, which is a normal occurrence in the case of hemp seeds.
Pizza and the final assembling
- Put the grill at a high temperature and make sure that the grates are free of any debris or buildup.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle proper amounts of flour over a clean surface to roll out the pizza dough into the desired size and shape. Think it of as a very homey, rustic style food, so do not stress about making the pizza into the perfect rectangular or circular shape. Any kind of free-forming shape is very much welcome. Place the dough onto a cutting board or pizza peel and brush the top part with 1 to 3 teaspoons of olive oil.
- As the grill gets steaming hot, lower the heat and cautiously brush the grates with leftover olive oil. With the oiled side facing down, flip the pizza dough and place it over the grill. Then close the lid and let it cook for about 2 to 4 minutes. The bottom part will gradually become golden brown, and after that, flip the pizza and brush the top uncooked part with olive oil.
- After turning over, brush all over the top portion of the pizza with approximately two tablespoons of barbeque sauce and spread the cooked jackfruit flesh. Then drizzle the hemp cheese sauce over the pizza as required. Top it off with the sliced red onion pieces as desired. Cook it for an additional 2 to 5 minutes until the bottom section has the beautiful crispy brown grill marks. Delicately take the pizza and place it on the cutting board. Take a tablespoon and drizzle the ranch made of hemp seeds and sprinkle freshly chopped cilantro. Slice it up and serve it hot.
Homemade Hemp Milk in just 2 minutes[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Making this plant-based nutritious milk is very easy that will take a couple of your minutes-flat. Let’s take a look at its recipe.
- 100 g or ½ cup of hemp seeds shelled
- 500ml or 2 cups of spring water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of coconut sugar
- Put all of the ingredients into a blending jug.
- Blend it all for a minute and then check if the texture is smooth and combined together.
- Transfer the hemp milk into a large bottle or a jar.
- Pop the jar into a refrigerator to make sure it’s chilled before serving.
- You will find some sediment settling at the bottom. This happens due to the hemp seeds that are super healthy. Let them remain as they give the milk a nutty taste.
- In case you do not desire the sediment or have incorporated whole hemp seeds (seeds that are not shelled), then you will require to keep a cheesecloth handy to strain the milk.
- Shake and jiggle the jar before pouring the milk into a glass and enjoy!
Chicken Tenders crusted with Hemp[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]These hemp coated oven-fried chicken tenders are crispy, delicious, and at the same time, easy to make and gluten-free.
- ½ cup of hemp seeds
- ½ cup of almond meal or ground almond
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika or any type of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ pound of chicken breasts boneless and skinless, cut into thick strips of ¼ inches
- 1 brown or white eggs, whipped
- Cooking spray
- Heat your oven at a temperature of 400 degrees F. Take a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper.
- Whisk together paprika, salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, ground almonds, and hemp seeds within a medium-sized bowl until it is all evenly combined together.
- Put your chicken dipping stations in a fixed order such as (1) chicken strip pieces (2) whisked eggs (3) the hemp breading mixture (4) baking sheet lined parchment paper. Dip each of the chicken strips completely in the eggs and shake it a little to get rid of any extra drip. After that, toss those chicken strips one by one in the hemp mixture until the whole piece is entirely covered. Then carefully place the strip onto the baking sheet and repeat the process for the rest of the pieces.
- After all of the pieces are carefully placed on the sheet, give them a light spray of olive oil. Bake them for approximately 15 to 20 minutes, turning them over every ten minutes, so that the breading becomes crispy and golden, the chicken is thoroughly cooked and in no way pink or raw inside.
- Remove the pieces from the baking sheet and serve them while hot with ketchup or any other dipping sauce.
Parsley & Hemp Salad Dressing[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Ingredients
- 150 ml or ⅔ cup or approx. 6 fl oz of hemp oil
- 75 ml or 3 fl oz or like about ⅓ cup of apple cider raw vinegar
- A complete handful of fresh strands of parsley
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 heaping teaspoon of jarred mustard
- ½ of an apple
- 1 garlic clove
- Peel the garlic clove of its skin and crush it.
- Chop the apple with a knife into chunks.
- Take all of the ingredients and blends them into a smooth consistency.
- Store that mixture in a jar or glass bottle.
- This dressing can be kept in the fridge for a minimum of a week
Flaxseed & Hemp Muffins (Dairy & Gluten-Free)[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]These delightful gluten-free muffins consist of whole hemp seeds, ground, flax seeds, a good dosage of Omega 3 nutritious fats to begin your day in the right way. They are moist with a nutty and slightly sweet taste and extremely filling.
- 1 cup of ground flaxseed
- 1 cup of hemp seeds
- 3 tablespoons of coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3 white or brown eggs
- 1 cup of mashed bananas or pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup of honey
- Preheat your oven to a temperature of 350F.
- Take all of the ingredients and combine them together in a food processor processing them to a smooth consistency. Scrape the sides at the end to fully mix it.
- Fill a muffin tin with cup liners. Distribute the mixture among 11 muffin cups.
- After baking it for about 25 to 35 minutes, insert a toothpick into the muffin and see that it comes out clean to ensure the completion of the baking.
Chocolate Hazelnut Hemp Seed Truffles[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Hazelnuts are rich in minerals, vitamins, and high levels of antioxidant compounds that help in lowering cholesterol and normalizing blood pressure levels. These reduce the risk of heart diseases. Thus, these truffles are a delectable and easy way to add nutrients to your daily diet.
- 1 cup of hazelnuts
- 3 heaping tablespoons of hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 ½ tablespoons of cacao powder
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 cup of prunes
- 1 ½ tablespoon of coconut oil
- Approx 21 hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- ⅓ cup of chocolate chips with 85% of it being dark chocolate chips
- ¼ of chopped, toasted hazelnuts
- Mix hemp seeds, salt, cacao powder, vanilla extract, and hazelnuts in a processor. Process them into a smooth mixture. After a while add the coconut oil, sea salt, and prunes and process it again. Set them aside.
- Take a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. Using 1 tablespoon scoop the mixture, rolling them into a round truffle shape. Insert a whole hazelnut into the middle of each of those truffles. Put the baking sheet into the refrigerator for a minimum of 10 mins to harden the mixture.
- Melt dark chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave until smooth.
- Take the baking tray out of the fridge and put the truffles into the glistening chocolate mixture and then cover dip them into chopped hazelnut mixture. Again place those balls into the baking sheet and move them into the refrigerator keeping it for at least 20 minutes to harden the mixture.
With this list of flavorful recipes at your disposal, you can now incorporate and ingest hemp, the source of essential amino acids and omega 3 fatty acids as regular meals in your daily lifestyle.